August 2017 - CONFIDENTIAL Update
PLEASE NOTE: BEGINNING AUGUST 2017, IF YOU ARE NOT A REGISTERED STAYBILLETY USER, YOUR CONFIDENTIAL UPDATES WILL BE 'ON HOLD' .
Syracuse University (SU) launched last week. We received some local media attention, including this story on the #1 news channel in the market (full disclosure - the reporter is a former student of mine!) and are busy blitzing the University area with print materials.
There are a number of significant affiliate agreements pending which I anticipate closing in August. Meanwhile, these affiliates agreements wrapped last week and will be launching in the coming weeks:
National Sports Organization - Surf Canada (based in Victoria, BC)
Major international sailing venue - Coral Reef Yacht Club (Miami)
TECH - The CTO candidate I mentioned last month has agreed to be 'attached' to StayBillety. We will be working out the particulars in August when she is more available (busy time with family and her current role).
MARKETING - I recently approached a potential CMO candidate and our conversations have been productive and positive. She's based in Toronto. Assuming funding is in place, we're looking at having a Social Media Manager on-board by mid-September. A candidate has been identified.
User Registrations - Month over month % increase in registered Users (last 3 months only):
May - June >> 5%
June - July >> 8%
July - August >> 6%
Average Month over Month increase this fiscal (from Mar. 1): 5.9%
Active Listings - (Hosts may deactivate if they aren't currently offering their space)
May - June >> 0%
June - July >> 7%
July - August >> 3%
Average Month over Month increase this fiscal (from Mar. 1): 5.4%
I have not yet closed the Seed round with a Syracuse, NY-based investor. This has heavily impacted marketing and, subsequently, consumer growth targets in June/July.
Working with our accountants, we are revising (increasing) our valuation & CAP Table based on the recent and pending affiliation agreements.
1. LA Dodgers Accelerator [awaiting decision] - have heard they are shifting focus]
2. Communitech's Fierce Founders Bootcamp (Waterloo) [accepted/participating] - second session is in August where we are competing for $100K funding - will be applying to full Fierce Founders Accelerator for Fall.
3. Stadia Ventures Accelerator (Kansas City) [unsuccessful] - have been encouraged by them to reapply. Will be getting feedback on our application.
4. Chloe Capital Women Investor Accelerator (NY) - [awaiting decision]
5. TechStars (Toronto+) - [applying in August]
6. EyeforTravel’s Start-Up Travel Awards - [applying in August]
7. Capital Angels Network (Ottawa) - [applying in September]
8. Golden Seeds Angel Fund (NYC) - [applying in September]
WHERE YOU CAN, AS ALWAYS, HELP...
1. Register! Become a Guest if traveling; list your space as a Host
3. Leads/introductions for seed &/or angel investors/financing/funding sources are always welcome.
4. Spread the word to your friends, family, colleagues… encourage them to be HOSTS (check out our current 'requests'). We'll here to help set them up on the site, should they have any concerns.
Please let me know if you have any questions or if any of this message requires additional clarification.
Thanks for your continued support.
Shared Interests. Shared Roof.
Launched in March 2016 and based in Cambridge, Ontario (Waterloo Region), StayBillety is an international affordable, online accommodation service connecting like-minded guests and hosts. Celebrating community with its unique affinity-based affiliate model, StayBillety is also a social enterprise whose business supports charitable organizations. With StayBillety, guests traveling for concerts, commencements or competitions connect with enterprising hosts who share their common interests. Click here for press kit and media page. Visit StayBillety’s Facebook and follow @StayBillety #ComeOnIn