StayBillety Update - September 2016 - CONFIDENTIAL
Hello StayBillety supporters! I hope your Labour Day (or Labor Day) weekend allowed you celebrate the unofficial passing of Summer in a relaxing way. September marks 'back to school' and, for many, the start of a 'new year'.
My birthday is in September, so I always look at this month as a time of renewal. In the technology world, they're called upgrades... and there are several in store for StayBillety this Fall.
We had more bookings 'on the books' this past month and into September, which is good news.
I hoped to have some announcements for you regarding new affiliate agreements, however, August was a tough month in which to close deals. Many of our key decision-makers were in Rio, or on vacation, or both!
Interestingly, there was a flurry of activity the last week of the month. We should have one 'large' announcement by the middle of the September. We also have a commitment for an October 1st signing of another 'major' affiliation agreement.
There are days when being an entrepreneur feels a lot like dating.
Several solid candidates for the CAO/Co-Founder have emerged; each one having solid technical chops. We should have a decision and announcement by the middle of October. Of course, if any additional candidate comes to mind, please still send them my way. The 'wish list' is attached below.
In the 'things that make you smile' column, an affiliate sales cold call mid August led to interest from a potential investor. [That was a good morning!] We're 'getting to know each other' some more this week.
MARKETING & TECH
Social Media and PR had a strong August. The social media coordinators pumped awareness and impressions capitalizing on 'chatter' around the Olympics. We were all a 'twitter' about some re-tweets of our content by famous former Olympians and musicians through our 'Throw Back Thursday' efforts.
Of course, social media doesn't equate directly to new users, hosts and guests, so we began testing some 'growth hacking' techniques taken directly from the pages of Airbnb's early playbook. We'll be ramping up these efforts this month. A 'growth hacking' team made up of Syracuse University communications students began taking shape last week.
On the product/tech side, improvements continue for both the UI/UX and admin functionality of the MVP. StayBillety 2.0 may be able to move from 'brainstorm' the the 'drawing board' before the end of the year.
WHERE YOU CAN, AS ALWAYS, HELP...
1. Register! Become a Guest if traveling; list your space as a Host
3. Leads/introductions for seed &/or angel investors/financing/funding sources are always welcome
4. Spread the word to your friends, family, colleagues… encourage them to be HOSTS (check out our current 'requests'). We'll here to help set them up on the site, should they have any concerns.
Please let me know if you have any questions or if any of this message requires additional clarification.
Thanks for your continued support of StayBillety.
MATCHMAKERS - THE CAO/CFO/CO-FOUNDER EDITION...
Though technical leadership would be a plus, the perfect 'match' will bring some (or many) of these skills, traits, and experience:
1) Experience in start up finance/financial management/fund raising
2) Someone who has brushed up against, participated in or completed an exit; comfortable dealing with the legal/business/Board 'stuff'
3) Someone able to put some 'skin in the game'
4) Understanding of technology and the challenges of working on a start up in a competitive environment
5) Willingness to roll up their sleeves and pitch in to do social media, sweep the floors... has a 'whatever it takes' attitude
6) Great to have: understanding of sports organizations, travel industry, and the culture of 'community'... 'gets' the vision
7) Nice to have: second language skills, international experience
8) Must have: a sense of humour
Download PDFDownload PDF
Launched in March 2016 and based in Cambridge, Ontario (Waterloo Region), StayBillety is an international affordable, online accommodation service connecting like-minded guests and hosts. Celebrating community with its unique affinity-based affiliate model, StayBillety is also a social enterprise whose business supports charitable organizations. With StayBillety, guests traveling for concerts, commencements or competitions connect with enterprising hosts who share their common interests. Click here for press kit and media page. Visit StayBillety’s Facebook and follow @StayBillety #ComeOnIn