StayBillety Update - August 2016 - CONFIDENTIAL
Hello StayBillety supporters! I hope our Canadian followers had a great Civic Holiday. I took the long weekend (though recruiting hosts at my hometown Homecoming may be considered working), thus today's date on our monthly StayBillety snapshot.
No question, it is Olympic caliber competition in the digital travel space, but we've been training for this event for over 20 years, and we're happy to be in the 'deep end' :
With sales worth $190.76 billion, North America will continue to be the world’s largest regional digital travel market in 2016, responsible for 33.8% of global sales.
August will be a month of 'follow up' focused on pitching and developing relationships in specific verticals, and supporting existing agreements... including doing a lot of 'cheering' for our affiliates competing at the Olympic Games. Four affiliate contracts are awaiting signature (or additional negotiation)... universities, major community group, national sports organization (NSO). I am hoping to announce our pilot program with a MAJOR NSO by this time next month.
StayBillety was selected for the New York Venture Summit's 'Seed Pitchfest' in NYC mid-July. It was an incredible opportunity to meet with angel investors and VCs, see other entrepreneurs pitch and get a better sense of the investment climate in NYC. Much follow up underway.
No change on the investors and affiliate front, and I'm still sniffing around for the right fit as CAO/Co-Founder for our team. (see below)
MARKETING & TECH
Social Media and PR are going strong. I have two outstanding social media coordinators to thank for our increased impressions (and brand awareness). We are launching an Olympic campaign to capitalize on the SM traffic available during the Games, particularly around our Affiliate's and affiliate targets' events.
On the product/tech side, improvements continue for both the UI/UX and admin functionality of the MVP.
Syracuse University is back in session the end of August...
Rick Burton and I are gearing up to enlist Sports Management students in our efforts. As well, communications (PR, advertising, media production) and business/law students will be back on the team come September.
WHERE YOU CAN, AS ALWAYS, HELP...
1. Register! Become a Guest if traveling; list your space as a Host
3. Leads/introductions for seed &/or angel investors/financing/funding sources are always welcome
4. Spread the word to your friends, family, colleagues… encourage them to be HOSTS.
Please let me know if you have any questions or if any of this message requires additional clarification.
Thanks for your continued support of StayBillety.
MATCHMAKERS - THE CAO/CFO/CO-FOUNDER EDITION...
Though technical leadership would be a plus, the perfect 'match' will bring some (or many) of these skills, traits, and experience:
1) Experience in start up finance/financial management/fund raising
2) Someone who has brushed up against, participated in or completed an exit; comfortable dealing with the legal/business/Board 'stuff'
3) Someone able to put some 'skin in the game'
4) Understanding of technology and the challenges of working on a start up in a competitive environment
5) Willingness to roll up their sleeves and pitch in to do social media, sweep the floors... has a 'whatever it takes' attitude
6) Great to have: understanding of sports organizations, travel industry, and the culture of 'community'... 'gets' the vision
7) Nice to have: second language skills, international experience
8) Must have: a sense of humour
Download PDFDownload PDF
Launched in March 2016 and based in Cambridge, Ontario (Waterloo Region), StayBillety is an international affordable, online accommodation service connecting like-minded guests and hosts. Celebrating community with its unique affinity-based affiliate model, StayBillety is also a social enterprise whose business supports charitable organizations. With StayBillety, guests traveling for concerts, commencements or competitions connect with enterprising hosts who share their common interests. Click here for press kit and media page. Visit StayBillety’s Facebook and follow @StayBillety #ComeOnIn