StayBillety Update - July 2016 - CONFIDENTIAL
Hello StayBillety supporters! I hope your holiday weekend was filled with fireworks and fun. We're continuing to catch big waves this summer:
As of 2015, the On-Demand Economy is attracting more than 22.4 million consumers annually and $57.6 billion in spending.
Travel continues on the summer 'Business Road Map' focused on pitching and developing relationships in specific verticals, and supporting existing agreements. Four affiliate contracts are awaiting signature (or additional negotiation).
StayBillety was not selected for the two Waterloo, ON-based bootcamp/accelerators mentioned last month...
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.
Trips to NYC and Ottawa in June were productive, eventful (some lovely, serendipitous moments) and affirming (everyone gets and supports the concept). We're on the radar of three investment organizations each of whom has set specific 'follow up' requirements for me in the weeks/months ahead. As well, multiple 'warm' leads for individual investors, affiliates and a possible CAO/Co-Founder are now 'simmering'. I'm hoping to close some of the outstanding seed financing this month. There is plenty of follow up to be done once the holiday weekend wraps!
MARKETING & TECH
On the marketing side, social Media and PR are ongoing; both brand and affiliate campaigns continue to ramp up volume and quality. The analytics are positive.
On the product/tech side, improvements continue for both the UI/UX and admin functionality of the MVP. User feedback continues to feed the 'StayBillety 2.0' feature list!
Ideally, the team will be growing soon too. I've been scouting for a CAO/CFO-type and appreciate recommendations and introductions to people who fit the bill for this co-founder role. Matchmakers, see below.
WHERE YOU CAN, AS ALWAYS, HELP...
1. Register! Become a Guest if traveling; list your space as a Host
3. Leads/introductions for angel investors/financing/funding sources are always welcome
4. Spread the word to your friends, family, colleagues… encourage them to be HOSTS.
Please let me know if you have any questions or if any of this message requires additional clarification.
Thanks for your continued support of StayBillety.
MATCHMAKERS - THE CAO/CFO/CO-FOUNDER EDITION...
Though technical leadership would be a plus, the perfect 'match' will bring some (or many) of these skills, traits, and experience:
1) Experience in start up finance/financial management/fund raising
2) Someone who has brushed up against, participated in or completed an exit; comfortable dealing with the legal/business/Board 'stuff'
3) Someone able to put some 'skin in the game'
4) Understanding of technology and the challenges of working on a start up in a competitive environment
5) Willingness to roll up their sleeves and pitch in to do social media, sweep the floors... has a 'whatever it takes' attitude
6) Great to have: understanding of sports organizations, travel industry, and the culture of 'community'... 'gets' the vision
7) Nice to have: second language skills, international experience
8) Must have: a sense of humour
Download PDFDownload PDF
Launched in March 2016 and based in Cambridge, Ontario (Waterloo Region), StayBillety is an international affordable, online accommodation service connecting like-minded guests and hosts. Celebrating community with its unique affinity-based affiliate model, StayBillety is also a social enterprise whose business supports charitable organizations. With StayBillety, guests traveling for concerts, commencements or competitions connect with enterprising hosts who share their common interests. Click here for press kit and media page. Visit StayBillety’s Facebook and follow @StayBillety #ComeOnIn